If you have ever wanted to change or adjust your web browsing language settings in Internet Explorer then this guide will show you how. Did you know that you can have more than one language preference in Internet Explorer? You can also have several languages in order of your own preference too.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
How to change web browser language settings in Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools Button at the top-right of your browser window (older versions click the Tools menu)
- Click Internet Options menu item from the drop-down menu
- The General tab should already be selected, if not then select it
- Under the Appearance heading, click the Languages button
- To add a language: click the Add button, Select a language, then click the OK button to add
- To change the order of languages: Select a language, then click the Move Up or Move Down buttons. Top position is 1st preference, second is 2nd preference and so on
- To remove a language: Select it from current languages, then click the Remove button to remove that language
- When you have finished choosing your languages: click on the OK button to the Language Preference window, then OK to the Internet Options window
- Now refresh the webpage (preferably Google.com) to see your language preferences working