There are several different ways to reach Windows Vista Disk Defragmenter to defragment your hard drive, I will show you the best and easiest option in this guide.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
How to defragment your hard drive (Windows Vista)
- Click the Windows Start button bottom-left of your screen
- Type Run into the Start Search box just above the Start icon
- Click on the search result at the top of the list called “Run“
- Type dfrgui inside the Run window, click Continue to any prompts
- The Disk Defragmenter console should now be open
- Click on the Defragment now… button
- Check the (Select all disks) check box option
- Click on OK
- Windows will now perform a complete defragmentation of all drives
- This process can take some time, usually 1 to 3 hours
- When finished, close the console
- All done!