Today, I will show you how to change your language preferences in Apple Safari on Windows. Unfortunately, you can’t change the web browsing language settings on Safari without also changing the entire operating system (Windows) language settings too. It is probably easier to install another browser like Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Google Chrome which you can customize web browsing language preferences.
If you still want to change Safari’s language settings along with your entire Windows operating system language, then continue with this guide.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
How to change web browser & operating system language settings in Apple Safari & Windows
- Click the Windows Start button , then click the Control Panel menu item
- Click on the Clock, Language & Region category link
- Click on the Install or uninstall display languages link
- Click on the Install display languages link
- Click on the Launch Windows Update link
- If there is a link that says: # optional update available, click it and check if there are language packs available for download, select your language and update your pc, or…
- If there are no optional updates available, you may need to click the Restore hidden updates link on the left menu bar, then check the check-box for your preferred language, click the Restore button and download using Windows Update
- Windows Update will then download and install your chosen language(s) with an Installing display languages window showing the installation progress, this can take a long time
- Once Windows finishes installing the language pack(s) with the dialog: The updates were successfully installed, you can then close the Windows Update window
- The Clock, Language and Region window should still be open, if not repeat steps 1 and 2
- Under the Region and Language heading, click on the Change display language link
- Under the Choose a display language heading, click the drop-down list and select your preferred language
- Click on OK and then close the Control Panel window (you may need to restart your computer)
- Now open a webpage (preferably Google.com) to see your language preferences working (it should be in your chosen language, if not then that website likely does not offer the webpage in your chosen language)