Today I will show you how to set your default email client on Windows 10. There are a number of good alternatives to Outlook including Mozilla Thunderbird and Eudora so there’s no need to feel trapped into Microsoft products, the alternatives can offer better email management and features.
Note* This guide will only work if you have already installed the email client you want to make the default (ie. Thunderbird, Eudora). If you have not already done this you will likely only have one choice which is the default Windows 10 mail client.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
Change the Default Email Client on Windows 10
- Click on the Start Menu button bottom-left
- Now click on the Settings menu item
- Then click the System icon
- Now click on the Default apps menu item
- Look for the Email heading
- Click on the current default email client just below heading
- The Choose an app menu should now be in view
- Click on the email client you wish to make the default app
- Close the Settings window
- All done!