Windows 10 makes it a little confusing when it comes to setting up your default web browser, and on top of that, after you install Windows 10, it will automatically make Microsoft Edge the default web browser regardless of your previous setting. I will show you how to change this and set your own default web browser. It’s pretty easy too.
Note* This guide will only work if you have already installed the web browser you want to make the default (ie. Firefox, Opera or Chrome). If you have not already done this you will likely only have a choice between Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
Change the Default Web Browser on Windows 10
- Click on the Start Menu button bottom-left
- Now click on the Settings menu item
- Then click the System icon
- Now click on the Default apps menu item
- Scroll down to the Web browser heading
- Click on the current default web browser just below heading
- The Choose an app menu should now be in view
- Click on the web browser you wish to make the default app
- Close the Settings window
- All done!