Today I’ll show you how to change your homepage in Chromium web browser which also has the ability for multiple homepages, or you can simply have the standard New tab page. Sometimes software (usually Malware of some sort) can alter your hompage without your permission, so be sure to run a virus scan to remove any Malware before following this guide.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
Change your homepage in Chromium
- Open Chromium
- Click on the Customiz and control icon at the top-right of your browser window
- Click on the Settings menu item
- Look for the On startup heading
- For custom homepage(s) select the Open a specific page or set of pages option
- Now click the Set pages link, the Startup pages box will now be open
- Mouse-over and click the grey X (cross) to the right of any pages you do not want
- Enter a URL address into the text-field to add a webpage to your startup homepages
- URL’s are entered as follows: http://www.google.com/ then hit the Enter key
- Enter any additional URL’s you want to open on startup
- Click OK and then close the Settings tab
- You’re all done!