Today I’ll show you how to change your homepage in Google Chrome web browser which also offers multiple homepages and several other options. Sometimes software programs alter your homepage without your explicit permission (usually by some sort of malware) so if your browser keeps changing your homepage, run a virus scan before following this guide.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
Change your homepage in Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Click the Customize and control icon at top-right of your browser window
- Click on the Settings menu item
- Look for the On startup heading
- For custom homepage(s) select the Open a specific page or set of pages option
- Now click the Set pages link, the Startup pages box will now be open
- Mouse-over and click the grey X (cross) to the right of any pages you do not want
- Enter a URL address into the text-field to add a webpage to your startup homepages
- URL’s are entered as follows: http://www.google.com/ then hit the Enter key
- Enter any additional URL’s you want to open on startup
- Click OK and then close the Settings tab
- You’re all done!