Today I will show you how to change your homepage in Internet Explorer running on XP, Vista or 7 and it’s pretty straight forward too. Did you know you can also have multiple homepages open on startup? A handy feature for news junkies.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
Change your homepage in Internet Explorer (XP, Vista, 7)
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon at the top-right of your browser window
- Click on the Internet Options menu item
- The Internet Options window should now be open, select the General tab
- Look for the Home Page heading near the top
- Enter URL web addresses into the text-box, one per line (hit enter for new line)
- URL format is: http://www.google.com/ replacing google with the web address
- Now look for the Startup heading (just below the text-box)
- Make sure the Start with home page option is selected
- When you’ve finished, click OK to close the Internet Options window
- Restart Internet Explorer to test if your homepages appear on startup.
- You’re all done!