If you’re running Safari web browser on a MAC, then today I will show you how to check what version of Safari you currently have installed and it’s pretty easy.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
Check Apple Safari browser version (MAC)
- Open Safari
- Click on the Safari item on the top menu-bar (next to the Apple logo)
- Click on the About Safari menu item
- A small window should now show your current version of Safari
- The number before the first dot (ie. 6.0.5) is the Major version number (likely the number you’re after if a tech guy is asking)
- The number(s) after the first dot (ie. 6.0.5) is the Minor version number and represents small security fixes or UI improvements
- You can also view basic copyright information in the About Safari window