Checking your version of Apple Safari web browser is a piece of cake and I will show you how in this handy guide.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
How to find your version of Safari web browser
- Open Safari
- Click on the Tools Button at the top-right of the app window
- Click on the About Safari menu item
- A small window will now be open showing your version of Safari
- The number(s) before the first dot (ie. 5.1.7) represent the Major version number, this is most likely the number you need (ie. if a tech person is asking etc)
- The number(s) after the first dot (ie. 5.1.7) represent the Minor version number, indicating things like security updates and GUI improvements etc
- Close the window when finished