Today I will show you how to check your version of Chromium web browser. Chromium is the open-source build of Google Chrome that runs on Windows, Linux, MACOSX, iOS, Android and ChromeOS.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
Check your version of Chromium web browser
- Open Chromium
- Click on the Chromium Menu at the top-right of the app window
- Click on the About Chromium menu item
- You should now see your version of Chromium
- The number before the first dot (ie. 31.0.1650.63) is the Major release version (likely the number you need if a tech guy is asking)
- The number(s) after the first dot (ie. 31.0.1650.63) is the Minor release version and represent small security updates or UI improvements etc
- You will also find copyright info on the About Chromium page