Checking your version of Google Chrome is a piece-of-cake and this handy video guide will show you how. Google Chrome will also check for updates when you follow these instructions.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
How to check your version of Google Chrome web browser
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on the Chrome Menu icon at the top-right of the window
- Click on the About Google Chrome menu item
- A new tab will open to show your browser version, Chrome will also check for updates
- The first number before the first dot (ie. 32.0.1700.102) is your major version, numbers and dots after that (ie. 32.0.1700.102) represent minor version updates (security, GUI improvements etc)
- If a tech person is requesting your browser version, it will most likely be the Major Version number they will want