Checking your version of Internet Explorer on Windows 8 (Metro interface) is pretty easy and I will show you how in this guide. If you’re running another version of Windows then check my guides out for them also.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
Check Internet Explorer version (WIN8)
- From the Windows Start page (Metro interface), click/tap the Internet Explorer tile
- Swipe in from right (tablet) or mouse over the bottom right corner (desktop) until the Info panel appears (right side of your screen)
- Click/tap on the Settings item/charm
- Click/tap on the About menu item from the slide-out panel
- You should now see all your IE version information
- The number before the first dot (ie. 10.0.9200.16798) is the Major version number (most likely the number you’re after if a tech guy is asking)
- The number(s) after the first dot (ie. 10.0.9200.16798) is the Minor version number and represent small security updates or UI improvements etc
- You will also see copyright, privacy statement and product ID info too
- To close the info panel, click/tap anywhere outside the info panel (it will automatically close)