Need to know what version of Internet Explorer you are using? Well it’s easy and this handy guide will show you how.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
How to check your version of Internet Explorer web browser
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools Button at the top-right of the window
- Click on the About Internet Explorer menu item
- You should now see your version number (ie. Version: 11.0.9600.16476)
- Numbers before the first dot (ie. 11.0.9600.16476) represent the Major Version number
- Numbers and dots after the first dot (ie. 11.0.9600.16476) represent Minor Version numbers (security updates, GUI improvements etc)
- You will also see Update Versions (ie. Update Versions: 11.0.2) and Product ID (ie. Product ID: 00150-20000-00003-AA459)
- You can also choose to Install new versions automatically by toggling the check-box (it is recommended to leave this checked)