Need to know what version of Opera web browser you are using? Well it’s really easy and I will show you how in this handy guide.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
How to check Opera browser version
- Open Opera
- Click the Opera Button at the top-left of the app window
- Click on the About Opera menu item
- A new tab will open showing your current version of Opera installed on your PC or device
- The numbers before the first dot (ie. 18.0.1284.68) represent the Major version number, this is most likely the number you need (ie. if a tech person is requesting it)
- The numbers after the first dot (ie. 18.0.1284.68) represent the Minor version number and show things like a security updates etc
- Other information available on the About Opera tab is Update stream, System (ie. 32-bit or 64-bit Windows, Linux etc), Browser identification (HTTP referer info) and Paths (install location and temporary files etc), Copyright and Privacy info
- When you’re finished, close the tab