Need to know what version of Opera web browser you are using? Well it’s really easy and I will show you how in this handy guide.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
How to check Opera browser version
- Open Opera
- Click the Opera Button at the top-left of the app window
- Click on the About Opera menu item
- A new tab will open showing your current version of Opera installed on your PC or device
- The numbers before the first dot (ie. 18.0.1284.68) represent the Major version number, this is most likely the number you need (ie. if a tech person is requesting it)
- The numbers after the first dot (ie. 18.0.1284.68) represent the Minor version number and indicate things like a security updates etc
- Other information available on the About Opera tab are Update stream, System (ie. 32bit or 64bit Windows, Linux etc), Browser identification (HTTP referrer info) and Paths (install location and temporary files etc), Copyright and Privacy info
- When you’re finished, close the tab