Sometimes your hard drive becomes fragmented which can slow your system down, create errors and generally degrade your Windows experience. Today I’ll show you how to fully defragment and optimize your hard drive on Windows 10.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
Defragment & Optimize your hard drive on Windows 10
- Type “Run” into the Windows search box bar
- Click on the top result that says: Run, Desktop app
- Type the letters: dfrgui into the Open: text box and click OK
- The Optimize Drives window should now be open
- Look for the hard drive with the Windows icon and select it
- Now click on the Optimize button
- Windows will now defragment and optimize your hard drive
- It can take anywhere from 20 minutes to 3 hours depending on size
- Once finished, it will display OK (0% Fragmented)
- Close the Optimize Drives window
- All done!