There are three different ways to get to Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter and defragment your hard drive, I will show you the easiest method and how to fully defragment your hard drive in this guide.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
How to defragment your hard drive (Windows 7)
- Click the Windows Start button bottom-left of your screen
- Type Run into the Search programs and files box just above the Start icon
- Click on the search result at the top of the list called "Run"
- Type dfrgui inside the Run window
- The Disk Defragmenter console should now be open
- Select/click the System (#:) drive where # is the drive letter (usually C:)
- Now click on the Defragment disk button
- Windows will now perform a complete defragmentation of the system drive
- This process can take some time, usually 1 to 3 hours
- When finished, close the console
- All done!