There are several different ways to get to Windows 8/8.1 Disk Optimizer and defragment your hard drive, I will show you the easiest method and how to fully defragment your drive in this guide.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
How to defragment your hard drive (Windows 8/8.1)
- Click/tap the Search Icon top-right of your screen
- Type Run into the search box (make sure Everywhere is selected in dropdown menu)
- Click on the search result at the top of the list called "Run"
- Type dfrgui inside the Run window
- The Optimize Drives console should now be open
- Select/click the System (#:) drive where # is the drive letter (usually C:)
- Now click on the Optimize button
- Windows will now perform a complete defragmentation of the system drive
- This process can take some time, usually 1 to 3 hours
- When finished, close the console
- All done!