There are several different ways to reach Windows XP Disk Defragmenter to defragment your hard drive, I will show you the best and easiest option in this guide.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
How to defragment your hard drive (Windows XP)
- Click the Windows Start button bottom-left of your screen
- Click the Control Panel menu item
- Click on the Administrative Tools icon, then the Computer Management icon
- Look for the Disk Defragmenter item on the left menu panel, click it on
- It’s a good idea to maximize the Computer Management window
- Select/click the System (#:) drive where # is the drive letter (usually C:)
- Now click on the Defragment button
- Windows will now perform a complete defragmentation of the system drive
- This process can take some time, usually 1 to 3 hours
- When finished, close the console
- All done!