Sometimes you need to delete your browsing history, cookies and other data in Google Chrome web browser to speed it up, for privacy or just regular maintenance, and I’ll show you how in this guide.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
Delete browsing history, cookies & data in Chrome
- Open Chrome
- Click on the Customize and control icon at the top-right of the browser window
- Mouse-over the Tools menu item
- Click on the Clear browsing data… menu item
- Select from when you wish data to be deleted, via the drop-down menu (beginning of time recommended)
- Select which data you want to delete using the checkboxes (Leave Password and Autofill options un-checked! see video for more info)
- Click the Clear browsing data button
- Close the Settings tab
- Re-starting Chrome is not necessary, but I recomend you do
- All done!