If you didn’t have much luck entering Safe Mode in Windows using the F8 key, I will show you an alternative method here using MSConfig.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
Enter Safe Mode using MSConfig
- Click the Start icon then type "Run" inside the Search programs & files text-box
- Under Programs, click on the Run item
- Type msconfig into the Open: text-box, then hit the Enter key
- The System Configuration window should now be open, click the Boot tab
- Check the Safe boot checkbox, then select the Minimal option or…
- If you require networking in Safe Mode, select the Network option instead
- Click Apply, then OK, then click Restart to the alert box
- Your PC will now restart and enter Safe Mode automatically
- Please follow the rest of this guide otherwise your PC will continue to boot in Safe Mode!!!
- When you have finished using Safe Mode, you must now turn off the options to return your PC to normal boot
- Follow steps 1 to 3, the System Configuration window should now be open
- Make sure the General tab is selected, then select the Normal startup option
- Click Apply, then OK, the Restart to the alert box
- Your PC will now boot normally
- Congrats, All done!
- Start your computer in safe mode (Windows Official)
- What is Safe Mode? (Windows Official)
- Search Google for Windows Safe Mode