Sometimes you need to run Windows in Safe Mode, which means it will startup only basic Windows services and leave anything else stopped. This is handy for general troubleshooting, removing viruses and malware, and fixing Windows errors too.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
How to enter Safe Mode using F8 key
- Firstly, find the F8 key on your keyboard
- Place your finder over or near the F8 key ready to press
- Restart your PC, click Start > (little arrow) > Restart
- Your PC will now restart so be ready
- When the screen goes black/blank, press and hold the F8 key
- After the BIOS screens, your PC should now halt loading Windows and be showing the Safe Mode screen
- Highlight your required option using the up and down arrows on your keyboard
- Hit the Enter key to load the highlighted option
- Once Safe Mode is loaded, you can perform and required actions
- To return to normal Windows, Restart your PC
- All done!
- Start your computer in safe mode (Windows Official)
- What is Safe Mode? (Windows Official)
- Search Google for Windows Safe Mode