CCleaner is by far the best tool for Windows optimization & cleanup. I use it on all my client machines and in this video, I’ll show you which settings you need to select in order to get the most out of CCleaner.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
Optimal settings for CCleaner
- Open CCleaner
- Reset CCleaner to default settings: Options > Advanced > Restore default settings
- Click the Cleaner icon
- Under Advanced, check Old prefetch data and ISS log files options
- Now click the Run Cleaner button bottom-right
- Wait until the green bar has reached 100%
- Now click on the Registry icon, leave everything checked (default)
- Click the Scan for issues button, then wait until the green bar reaches 100%
- Click the Fix selected issues button bottom-right
- Click Yes to Backup registry settings dialog, then Save, then Fix all issues button
- Close CCleaner and restart your PC, all done!