Sometimes it’s necessary to run a Windows 8/8.1 Disk Check if your hard drive and/or system is throwing up errors, crashing/freezing or constantly accessing the hard drive (and therefore slowing the system down). It can take a while but it will be well worth your time and solves many issues. It’s also pretty easy and I will show you how in this guide.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
Perform Disk Check on Windows 8/8.1
- Change to Desktop View (click/press the Desktop tile)
- Click/tap the File Explorer icon bottom-left
- Look for "Local Disk (C:)" under Devices and Drives
- Right-click on the drive icon and choose Properties
- Click on the Tools tab
- Click the Check button under Error Checking, then Scan Drive
- It can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours so be patient
- Your PC will return to Desktop when completed
- You may need to restart your PC
- All done!