Occasionally you may need to reset Firefox (on Windows) back to its default settings to get it working again. It’s reasonably easy and I’ll show you how in this guide.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
Reset Firefox back to default settings
- Open Firefox
- Click on the Settings Menu icon at the top-right of the browser window
- Look for the question mark (?) icon and click it on
- Click on the Troubleshooting Information menu item
- There should now be a Reset Firefox… button on the page, click it on
- Now click on the Reset Firefox button on the pop-up window
- Firefox will now reset back to default settings and alert you when it’s finished
- Firefox will restart automatically
- You’re all done!