Sometimes, especially after malware or virus infection, you need to completely reset Google Chrome back to its default settings to get it working again. Luckily it’s not too difficult and I’ll show you how in this guide.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
Reset Chrome back to default settings
- Open Chrome
- Click on the Customize and control icon at the top-right of your browser window
- Click on the Settings menu item
- Scroll down until you see a link that says: Show advanced settings… and click it on
- Now scroll all the way down the expanded Settings page
- Click the Reset browser settings button, then click the Reset button on the pop-up window
- Restart Chrome (recommended)
- You’re all done!