Sometimes, the best way to get Internet Explorer up-and-running again is to reset it back to its default settings. It’s reasonably easy and I’ll show you how in this guide.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
Reset Internet Explorer back to default settings
This guide applies to Windows XP, Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon top-right of the browser window
- Click the Internet Options menu item
- Click on the Advanced tab on the Internet Options window
- Click the Reset… button on the lower part of the window
- For the Delete personal settings check box you can either:
- Check if selling your PC or need to fully reset IE back to default settings (ie. after virus infection)
- Leave un-checked if you’re performing regular maintenance
- Click the Reset button, IE will now reset
- After the reset process is complete, click the Close button
- Close IE and restart your PC
- You’re all done!