Today I’ll show you how to setup Autoplay on Windows 10 so that when you connect a drive or insert a DVD, Windows will automatically perform a default action (like opening in folder view, or opening Windows media player etc). You can also choose to always prompt for action which is my personal preference.
Watch the video above or follow the text guide below.
How to Setup Autoplay on Windows 10
- Click on the Start Menu button bottom-left
- Now click on the Settings menu item
- Then click the Devices icon
- Now click on the AutoPlay menu item
- Turn AutoPlay on or off using the toggle button
- Click on the drop down menu for Removable drive & Memory card
- Choose a default action (I suggest Ask me every time)
- Close the Device Settings window
- All done!